This site uses cookies.
Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
For more information, please see the ProZ.com privacy policy.
VIA AILooking for an interpreter?
Remoto by ProZ.com connects you with an identity-verified interpreter by video or phone in about 60 seconds — 300+ languages, on demand or booked ahead.
Try Remoto »
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: edward o loughlin
Ella_C Roemenië Local time: 07:31 Engels naar Roemeens + ...
My 2 cents
Aug 28, 2025
I don't think it has anything to do with Austria.
Presumable factors:
- AI, with translators being forced to switch to MTPE for lower rates or receiving such job ads as "help us train AI in your language".
- competition in the form of people performing translations as a side gig and not their main job. Again lower rates.
A few months ago, I only knew about ChatGPT and DeepL. Now, if I run a search using the words "language + translator", there are several si... See more
I don't think it has anything to do with Austria.
Presumable factors:
- AI, with translators being forced to switch to MTPE for lower rates or receiving such job ads as "help us train AI in your language".
- competition in the form of people performing translations as a side gig and not their main job. Again lower rates.
A few months ago, I only knew about ChatGPT and DeepL. Now, if I run a search using the words "language + translator", there are several sites opening up and offering MT on the spot.
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business
Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance
PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.