论题张贴者: ProZ.com Staff
Augusta Habas
Augusta Habas
法国
Local time: 16:31
Italian意大利语译成French法语
+ ...
Busiest period ever Mar 11, 2011

Since January, I have had offers almost every day, and I had to reject at least 7 projects for the week I took off with my son! As it is only my 3rd year in the business, I would say I am pretty happy!

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
中国大陆
Local time: 10:31
Yes, Mar 11, 2011

until Easter Holiday, with intercultural and language training hours.

But I still take some small translation jobs to keep me on the ball.

[Edited at 2011-03-11 13:34 GMT]

Vibeke Degn-P
Vibeke Degn-P  Identity Verified
挪威
正式会员 (自2010)
English英语译成Norwegian挪威语
+ ...
Oh, yes! Mar 11, 2011

I'm fully-booked until at least end of May, probably until mid-july. And that really means something (a lot, almost too much!) to do every day, including some weekends. Large projects, partly overlapping, well paid. I will take a long holiday when this work-intense periode is over
Vibeke

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
伯利兹
Dutch荷兰语译成German德语
+ ...
What a great poll! Mar 11, 2011

This should be repeated once a month in exactly the same way. The results over the year could give us some valuable information. Anyone seconding?

Laureana Pavon
Laureana Pavon  Identity Verified
乌拉圭
Local time: 11:31
正式会员 (自2007)
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...

版主
Curious Mar 11, 2011

According to poll results so far, more than 47% of those who answered are not fully booked. However, the vast majority of those commenting on the poll say that they are either fully booked or have more work than they can handle.
So, I'm curious to know why we're not hearing from the people who are not fully booked.

[Edited at 2011-03-11 16:59 GMT]

MedTrans&More
MedTrans&More  Identity Verified
英国
English英语译成Portuguese葡萄牙语
+ ...
¡Ojalá! - If only!! Mar 11, 2011

LinguaLab.net
LinguaLab.net
英国
Local time: 15:31
English英语译成Norwegian挪威语
+ ...
Fully booked and then some! Mar 11, 2011

We've been fully booked (if not overbooked) since November and will continue to be throughout March. Eagerly anticipating the day we can set our availability on ProZ to 'partially available' again!

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
墨西哥
Local time: 08:31
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
I feel this poll is a bit cruel, actually Mar 11, 2011

Like other people have commented, the nature of our work is up and down. You can be overworked for two years and nothing will in for a few weeks. Nearly every other translator I have spoken to says that as soon as work stops coming in, they go through a crisis, thinking they will never be employed again, nobody likes their work, etc. So a poll where lots of people are taking about how much work they have at this moment is not exactly tactful.

Patricia Charnet
Patricia Charnet
英国
Local time: 15:31
正式会员 (自2009)
English英语译成French法语
no Mar 11, 2011

just finished everything catching up with the accounts now

Blanka Salkova
Blanka Salkova  Identity Verified
捷克共和国
正式会员 (自2007)
English英语译成Czech捷克语
+ ...
No Mar 11, 2011

Nope - by choice. Need to take care of a couple of things.

Paul Adie (X)
Paul Adie (X)  Identity Verified
德国
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
Now yes, an hour ago, no. Mar 11, 2011

I clicked on 'no' a couple of hours ago, but then a project came through and I'll be busy for a couple of weeks. I'll keep on taking small jobs on top of that though. I've come to realise that you really can't take much for granted as a freelancer. Clients go bust, new project managers are employed who don't know you, the client you worked for for 5 years suddenly doesn't send you anything, etc. Just need to keep marketing, working on our craft, and acquiring new skills.

Happy trans
... See more
I clicked on 'no' a couple of hours ago, but then a project came through and I'll be busy for a couple of weeks. I'll keep on taking small jobs on top of that though. I've come to realise that you really can't take much for granted as a freelancer. Clients go bust, new project managers are employed who don't know you, the client you worked for for 5 years suddenly doesn't send you anything, etc. Just need to keep marketing, working on our craft, and acquiring new skills.

Happy translating (or relaxing)!

Paul.
Collapse

Susanna Martoni
Susanna Martoni  Identity Verified
意大利
正式会员 (自2009)
Spanish西班牙语译成Italian意大利语
+ ...
No Mar 11, 2011

Like Blanca,
I need to take care of a couple of things and I am not very busy in this period.

But it is really difficult to manage workloads (to say yes, to say no, to be with no work, to be fully-booked).

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
加拿大
正式会员 (自2009)
French法语译成English英语
+ ...
yes Mar 12, 2011

but last week i was basically off...no job offers except for a couple of small rush jobs, but I had been very busy and wanted a few days off. So i turned them down. However, I just got a 7000 word translation and am finishing a large editing project...and later in the month I'll be getting a large translation to do. The rest of the month of march is nearly spoken for!

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
中国大陆
It is somewhat like rates Mar 12, 2011

Laureana Pavon wrote:

According to poll results so far, more than 47% of those who answered are not fully booked. However, the vast majority of those commenting on the poll say that they are either fully booked or have more work than they can handle.
So, I'm curious to know why we're not hearing from the people who are not fully booked.

Those who charge high rates love to talk about it on a public forum, and those who charge low rates just do it...

话题中的页数:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Are you currently fully-booked?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »