Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Off topic: Will you still be a translator in ten years' time?
Thread poster: Andrew Morris
Laurent Mercky
Laurent Mercky
France
Local time: 15:01
Chinese to French
+ ...
Yes Jun 21, 2019

yes, absolutely.
Nothing else to do anyway ^^

Marina Riyad

Chris Spurgin
Chris Spurgin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:01
Member (2016)
Russian to English
+ ...
If translation exists, yes Jun 24, 2019

If I can do what I do now, yes. If I *really* had to change I would want another freelance job, but I will have to be pushed hard.

S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
Local time: 16:01
English to Romanian
Me Jun 25, 2019

I have stopped translating several years ago, multiple causes implied.

I would like to reconnect to this business; however, my attempts so far have failed.

What I have done in the meantime has a lot to do with family life and hobbies. No financial gains, unfortunately.

I cannot plan ahead, I simply can't, life has shown me that no matter how rigorously you might plan things - even for the next weekend, for example - the unpredictable might simply strike lik
... See more
I have stopped translating several years ago, multiple causes implied.

I would like to reconnect to this business; however, my attempts so far have failed.

What I have done in the meantime has a lot to do with family life and hobbies. No financial gains, unfortunately.

I cannot plan ahead, I simply can't, life has shown me that no matter how rigorously you might plan things - even for the next weekend, for example - the unpredictable might simply strike like lightning and force you to find emergency solutions right there and then.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Will you still be a translator in ten years' time?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »