De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Djamila Vilcsko
Djamila Vilcsko
Djamila Vilcsko  Identity Verified
Duitsland
Local time: 06:19
Engels naar Duits
Jun 29, 2009

Hello,

As I had various software problems I had to reinstall Windows XP and all my other software. I wanted to install Wordfast Classic but all of a sudden it doesn't work any more! I have tried several versions and I always get the message that the installation was successful (and I see the little blue-green icon in the toolbars) but the moment I open a document, the Wordfast tool disappears and also doesn't show up in the list of toolbars.
I have just installed Trados 2009
... See more
Hello,

As I had various software problems I had to reinstall Windows XP and all my other software. I wanted to install Wordfast Classic but all of a sudden it doesn't work any more! I have tried several versions and I always get the message that the installation was successful (and I see the little blue-green icon in the toolbars) but the moment I open a document, the Wordfast tool disappears and also doesn't show up in the list of toolbars.
I have just installed Trados 2009 (had 2007 up to now) and all of a sudden I have Trados icons MS Word (never notice that before) - could it be that Trados and Wordfast cancel each other out? Or any other reasons? I really need to finish a project that I started in Wordfast so any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Djamila
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 07:19
Lid 2003
Fins naar Duits
+ ...
Only one at a time Jun 29, 2009

You must deselect Trados to make Wf visible. Try first to Add Wordfast.dot at tools > templates and add-ins.
Regards
Heinrich

Djamila Vilcsko
Djamila Vilcsko  Identity Verified
Duitsland
Local time: 06:19
Engels naar Duits
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Thank you! Jun 30, 2009

Thanks for the fast response, Heinrich, it works beautifully now!

Djamila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to install Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »