David Van der Vloet  Identity Verified
België
Local time: 17:46
Lid 2006
Engels naar Vlaams
+ ...
Mar 21, 2006

Hey all,
I am running Trados version 6.5.5 build 439 and have recently bought a new computer and had to reinstall it. Now, when I use the open/get button, I don't get a text in blue and one in yellow as I should but a simple "{}" is inserted into the source text.
Example:
(Suppose I want to translate the word 'carpark')
Carpark
"position cursor"
"click open/get"
Result:
Car {} park or Ca{} rpark
depending on where I had positioned the cursor
... See more
Hey all,
I am running Trados version 6.5.5 build 439 and have recently bought a new computer and had to reinstall it. Now, when I use the open/get button, I don't get a text in blue and one in yellow as I should but a simple "{}" is inserted into the source text.
Example:
(Suppose I want to translate the word 'carpark')
Carpark
"position cursor"
"click open/get"
Result:
Car {} park or Ca{} rpark
depending on where I had positioned the cursor.
Has any of you ever encountered this problem and would you know how to solve it? I am using Microsoft Word 2003 and am quite annoyed with Trados now... as I can't use it for my translations anymore. Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Duitsland
Local time: 17:46
Engels naar Duits
+ ...
Search the forum for "curly brackets" Mar 21, 2006

Hi,
Very often, this behaviour has been caused by term recognition problems - does this still occur when you deactivate term recognition?

You may want to search the forum for "curly brackets".

Best, Ralf

Sergei Nikolenko
Sergei Nikolenko  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:46
Engels naar Russisch
Interference with antivirus software Mar 22, 2006

This cand be a result of antivirus software blocking macroses in Word. If you have antivirust installed, make sure it does not block macroses in Word. In Kaspersky Antivirus (which I am using) this fiture is called Office Guard and shoold be disabled.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open/Get plugin does not function as it should

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »