Fabio Scaliti  Identity Verified
Italië
Local time: 11:11
Lid 2004
Duits naar Italiaans
+ ...
Feb 23, 2006

Hi everybody,

can anybody explain me why I get, say, 70% full matches and 30% no matches when I compare the TM stored from a previous analysis of 40 source files with the files I have to translate, and on the contrary I get 15% repetition, 30% full matches and 50% no matches when I analyse the same target files with a TM I have created by aligning the old source files and their correspondent translation?

I got this results after setting the "alignment penalty" at 0.
... See more
Hi everybody,

can anybody explain me why I get, say, 70% full matches and 30% no matches when I compare the TM stored from a previous analysis of 40 source files with the files I have to translate, and on the contrary I get 15% repetition, 30% full matches and 50% no matches when I analyse the same target files with a TM I have created by aligning the old source files and their correspondent translation?

I got this results after setting the "alignment penalty" at 0.

Thanks in advance,

Fabio
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Tsjechië
Engels naar Tsjechisch
+ ...
Different segmentation Feb 23, 2006

Maybe because the TM from the analysis contains different segments than the aligned TM?

Fabio Scaliti
Fabio Scaliti  Identity Verified
Italië
Lid 2004
Duits naar Italiaans
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Thanks Feb 23, 2006

Hynek Palatin wrote:

Maybe because the TM from the analysis contains different segments than the aligned TM?

Hi Hynek,

thanks for your quick reply. How can it be possible? The source and target files I aligned where almost perfect, that means I had to change very few "connections" in WinAlign, I never joined nor split any segments.

Am I forgetting something?

Fabio

RWSTranslati (X)
RWSTranslati (X)
Duitsland
Duits naar Engels
+ ...
Penalty Feb 23, 2006

Hello,
for aligned TUs there is a penalty in the standard settings of Trados.

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados analysis differ between "previous TM" and aligned TM

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »