De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Roxana Manucci
Roxana Manucci
Roxana Manucci  Identity Verified
Italië
Local time: 22:26
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Feb 22, 2008

I have received an .inx file for translation, I have finalized the file and now my client says he cannot open the file. He says that he needs an INDD file that I don't have and I do not know how to generate, can someone help me, please?
Thanks in advance,

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Duitsland
Engels naar Duits
+ ...
You would need InDesign Feb 23, 2008

Hi Roxana,
You would need to have Adobe InDesign to create an .indd file.

If you received an .inx (=InDesign Interchange format) file, that's what you should deliver.

Unfortunately, you did not provide specifics (as requested in the forum) regarding the software versions involved (in particular, your version of TagEditor, and the InDesign version used to create the .inx file).

Your client's inability to open the translated .inx file might be due to ta
... See more
Hi Roxana,
You would need to have Adobe InDesign to create an .indd file.

If you received an .inx (=InDesign Interchange format) file, that's what you should deliver.

Unfortunately, you did not provide specifics (as requested in the forum) regarding the software versions involved (in particular, your version of TagEditor, and the InDesign version used to create the .inx file).

Your client's inability to open the translated .inx file might be due to tagging errors - did you run the TE Tag Verifier before saving as target?

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Roxana Manucci
Roxana Manucci  Identity Verified
Italië
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Trados Indesign files Feb 24, 2008

That's what I suspected. But since is my first time working with Trados I tought I was doing something wrong. My version of Trados is 7 SP2 (brand new)
I'll run a Verifier to check that everything is ok.
Thank you very much Ralf.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Indesign files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »