TRADOS DTD settings files, what are they?
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Andrew Pieper
Andrew Pieper
Andrew Pieper
Engels
Dec 2, 2004

Bear with me, I am not actually familiar with TRADOS much. I am not a translator either. What I am is an XML DTD designer, and a new one at that. Our translator is attempting to use TRADOS TagEditor to read our files and it is unable to use our compound DTDs because it does not have the .ini file(s) it needs. Our translator has talked to TRADOS about it and they told him little about what this is, only that I needed to supply it to him.

I have been all over the TRADOS website an
... See more
Bear with me, I am not actually familiar with TRADOS much. I am not a translator either. What I am is an XML DTD designer, and a new one at that. Our translator is attempting to use TRADOS TagEditor to read our files and it is unable to use our compound DTDs because it does not have the .ini file(s) it needs. Our translator has talked to TRADOS about it and they told him little about what this is, only that I needed to supply it to him.

I have been all over the TRADOS website and can find little about what the DTD settings file (ini) is or how to create one. Our current DTDs are compound, using public identifiers and a catalog file to reference each other. I am assuming that it is this structure that TRADOS is having issues with, but I do not know what to do about it.

Can anyone shed some light on this, or point me toward a resource that could help.

Thanks.
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Tsjechië
Local time: 17:08
Lid 2003
Engels naar Tsjechisch
+ ...
Trados help Dec 2, 2004

There is an extensive help on DTD settings. In Workbench: Options - Translation Memory Options - Tools - DTD Settings - Add - Help.

You can use DTD Settings Wizard to create the INI file.

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Duitsland
Local time: 17:08
Duits naar Engels
+ ...
Short Dec 3, 2004

Hello,

the ini file takes the information from a dtd file for translate a xml file with TagEditor.

Normally your translator can create the ini file with the DTD Wizard in TagEditor.

With kind regards

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS DTD settings files, what are they?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »