MultiTerm termbase settings for forbidden terms?
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Ulrike Michiels
Ulrike Michiels
Ulrike Michiels  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:59
Spaans naar Duits
+ ...
Mar 27, 2013

I would appreciate your advice on the following:

We are a translation agency using MultiTerm 2011 and have term recognition enabled for the translations. In the termbase, there are terms from different subjects/departments. We need to make sure that the translator uses the term from the correct subject/department for a respective translation.
Example: The term is saved in MultiTerm with the subject „engineering“, but the translation is a marketing text.

How
... See more
I would appreciate your advice on the following:

We are a translation agency using MultiTerm 2011 and have term recognition enabled for the translations. In the termbase, there are terms from different subjects/departments. We need to make sure that the translator uses the term from the correct subject/department for a respective translation.
Example: The term is saved in MultiTerm with the subject „engineering“, but the translation is a marketing text.

How do you suggest we set up this scenario? How would you proceed?
Collapse

Mark
Mark
Italiaans naar Engels
The fields which display are... Mar 27, 2013

In our set-up, which I think is the default, the only fields that display directly within Workbench are:

Status
Usage Register
Category

In the absence of a comprehensive reply from wiser heads, I'd say that you should put the context information in one of those fields.

Edit: I daresay it depends on the version of Trados too.

[Edited at 2013-03-27 10:39 GMT]

Ulrike Michiels
Ulrike Michiels  Identity Verified
Spaans naar Duits
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
I think I need to make myself clearer Mar 27, 2013

We use MultiTerm 2011 in combination with Studio 2011 (term recognition). We use user-defined fields in the termbase (not the default). We have set up the hitlist settings in the term recognition window in such a way that the fields are visible. Due to the verification settings, the translator gets an error message when he uses a forbidden term (i.e in this case: a wrong subject).
What other/better scenario can you propose?

Mark
Mark
Italiaans naar Engels
Well... Mar 27, 2013

That sounds like a perfectly adequate set-up to me already. We're not using Studio quite yet, so I can't really add anything, I'm afraid.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm termbase settings for forbidden terms?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »