Announcing improvements on discussion sections in powwows and translation news pages
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: l Gaston l
l Gaston l
l Gaston l  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:33
Afrikaans naar Hebreeuws: Oudhebreeuws
+ ...
Apr 30, 2010

Dear members,

The Discussion sections in powwows and translation news pages have been standardized and improved. Similar
upgrades are planned for other site areas in the future.

Some key features of the new comment system include:

• Composition features from the main ProZ.com forums (reply with quote, bbcode, automatic hyperlinking, etc.).
    ... See more
  • Dear members,

The Discussion sections in powwows and translation news pages have been standardized and improved. Similar
    upgrades are planned for other site areas in the future.

Some key features of the new comment system include:

• Composition features from the main ProZ.com forums (reply with quote, bbcode, automatic hyperlinking, etc.).
  • The option to more easily subscribe to email notifications of comments on things that interest you.
  • The ability to subscribe to RSS feeds.

If you have questions, comments or suggestions don't hesitate to post them below.

Best regards,

Gastón ▲ Collapse

•  
    Erik Hansson
    Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
    Duitsland
    Zweeds
    + ...
    Editing powwow postings? May 1, 2010

Hi Gastón,

Just like normal postings in forums, I would like to have the chance to edit my powwow postings as well. Would this be feasible?

Erik

l Gaston l
    + ...
    ONDERWERPSTARTER
    Not yet possible, but there is a trick. May 3, 2010

Hi Erik,

It is no possible yet to edit posts in powwows yet from the powwow page itself, but it will be soon. However, here it is a trick for now:

At the bottom of a powwow discussion, there is a legend that says: "This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.", when you click there, you go to a forum page that contains the same discussion (the powwow discussion). You will be able to edit your postings from there, like any other forum thread.
    ... See more
    Hi Erik,

It is no possible yet to edit posts in powwows yet from the powwow page itself, but it will be soon. However, here it is a trick for now:

At the bottom of a powwow discussion, there is a legend that says: "This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.", when you click there, you go to a forum page that contains the same discussion (the powwow discussion). You will be able to edit your postings from there, like any other forum thread.

That does the trick for now, but as I said, I will be enabling editing options right from the powwow page in short.

Best!

Gastón
    Collapse

Rod Darby (X)
    Rod Darby (X)  Identity Verified
    Ghana
    Local time: 15:33
    Duits naar Engels
    + ...
    reverse order May 5, 2010

Hi Gastón,

would it be possible to show the comments in reverse order, i.e. so that the newest appear first? Our powwow discussion (http://www.proz.com/powwow/3145) is already so long that we need to go to page 2 to read the most recent...

All the best,
    Rod

Walter Landesman
    Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
    Uruguay
    Engels naar Spaans
    + ...
    No need May 5, 2010

Rod Darby wrote:
    Hi Gastón,

would it be possible to show the comments in reverse order, i.e. so that the newest appear first? Our powwow discussion (http://www.proz.com/powwow/3145) is already so long that we need to go to page 2 to read the most recent...

All the best,
    Rod

I disagree with this proposal.

Some threads may have even 80 pages. So you start from the beginning to see the whole forest or go right to page 80 to see the last post.

What's the problem about it? I don`t see any trouble at all in continuing doing so.

JaneTranslates
    JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
    Puerto Rico
    Local time: 11:33
    Spaans naar Engels
    + ...
    Viewing options? May 5, 2010

Some forums give each user the opportunity to set preferences, including order of display (most recent first or vice versa). I have no idea how technically complicated that might be, but it might go a long way toward making everyone happy.

Jane

[Edited at 2010-05-05 19:06 GMT]

l Gaston l
    + ...
    ONDERWERPSTARTER
    Thanks for your feedback. May 5, 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback. The forum order was something I actually thought about when implementing this feature, but I just followed the same pattern the forum does. But, as Jane says, an option could be added to set the thread order preferences.

I will keep that in mind for future changes, and get back to you if this comes true.

Any other thing you consider could be nice to have?

Thanks again for your feedback.

Gastón

Sophie Dzhygir
    Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
    Frankrijk
    Local time: 17:33
    Duits naar Frans
    + ...
    I know it's been a long time now... Jun 2, 2010

... but thanks a lot for implementing this change, this is definitely easier to use!

l Gaston l
    + ...
    ONDERWERPSTARTER
    Glad to hear that. Jun 2, 2010

Sophie Dzhygir wrote:

... but thanks a lot for implementing this change, this is definitely easier to use!

Hi Sophie!

Thanks for taking the time to leave the message. I'm glad you liked the changes =)

Best,

Gastón

l Gaston l
    + ...
    ONDERWERPSTARTER
    Edit and sort order options implemented. Jun 3, 2010

Hi all,

I just want to tell you that I've implemented the EDIT option Eric suggested, and "Sort order" Rod and Jane discussed about.

In order to change the Sort order preferences, go to the forum settings page.

Thanks you very much for your feedback, its highly appreciated.

Best,

Gastón

Sergei Leshchinsky
    Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
    Oekraïne
    Local time: 18:33
    Lid 2008
    Engels naar Russisch
    + ...
    still waiting for... Jun 10, 2010

WYSIWYG interface (buttons to format text and insert links and images)...
    Something like this (simple mode)...

or this (extended
    ... See more
    WYSIWYG interface (buttons to format text and insert links and images)...
    Something like this (simple mode)...

or this (extended mode)...

The same would be good for the forum too.
    Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing improvements on discussion sections in powwows and translation news pages

TM-Town
    Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
    Anycount & Translation Office 3000
    Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »