Where can I find an intellectual property style guide?
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Joshua Gibbs
Joshua Gibbs
Joshua Gibbs
Local time: 03:41
Japans naar Engels
+ ...
Jan 15, 2013

I am studying patent translation into English and want to know what rules of punctuation are standard in the United states for Patents.

The type of thing I want to know is whether 電圧b should be written in English as voltage B or voltage b and whether 90% should be translated as 90% or 90 per cent.

Does such a style guide for patents exist?

Alexander Onishko
Alexander Onishko  Identity Verified
Russisch naar Engels
+ ...
Just browse the USPTO site Jan 15, 2013

As far as I know, US patent system is unique in that it (almost!) does not have formal requirements for patent applications, therefore, the inventor can write in his own words.

But I suggest that you can simply browse the USPTO site.

http://www.uspto.gov/

You can read articles, useful links, and the published patents. That should help much.

p.s. As far as you q
... See more
As far as I know, US patent system is unique in that it (almost!) does not have formal requirements for patent applications, therefore, the inventor can write in his own words.

But I suggest that you can simply browse the USPTO site.

http://www.uspto.gov/

You can read articles, useful links, and the published patents. That should help much.

p.s. As far as you questions about voltage and % - either way will do (I am 99% sure!)

[Zmieniono 2013-01-15 16:42 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I find an intellectual property style guide?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »