hard beginnings
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Scheherezade Surià López (X)
Scheherezade Surià López (X)
Scheherezade Surià López (X)
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Jul 19, 2002

I\'m quite new in the translation world and I would like to know what\'s considered a well-paid translation job or, in other words, what\'s the adequate price of a \"translated word\", so as not to be too cheap or too expensive when asking for payment.

Thank you very much

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Duitsland
Local time: 07:28
Engels naar Duits
+ ...
Forum threads & rates info Jul 19, 2002

Hi!

I guess you\'ll find a lot of info in this forum, as well as in \"Getting established\" - just browse the threads.

Also, have a look at this one www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&eid_c=20821&topic=3963&forum=8&3 - Henry (the founder, owner and operator of this site) has added some info regarding rates.

Best of luck!

Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

hard beginnings

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »