De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Local time: 13:15
Zweeds naar Engels
+ ...
Jul 1, 2010

I've just posted a job and trying to get all the criteria right I went back and forth between the pages. Whenever I went back to a screen, it appears that all fields reverted back to the default however many times I changed these...

Somehow, I can't remember being given the option to not restrict the applicants by ProZ membership which now appears to be a criterion for my job. Looks like I'll just have to close this job and post a new one....

[Subject edited by staff or mode
... See more
I've just posted a job and trying to get all the criteria right I went back and forth between the pages. Whenever I went back to a screen, it appears that all fields reverted back to the default however many times I changed these...

Somehow, I can't remember being given the option to not restrict the applicants by ProZ membership which now appears to be a criterion for my job. Looks like I'll just have to close this job and post a new one....

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-07-01 22:36 GMT]
Collapse

Verenigd Koninkrijk
Zweeds naar Engels
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
This is getting a bit ridiculous Jul 1, 2010

I've just re-posted the job and made sure anyone can quote. Still the job is posted as restricted to members....

One last try...

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 09:15
MEDEWERKER SITE
If you need help posting a job, support is the place to go Jul 1, 2010

Hi Madeleine,

The member-only (or not) requirement is at the bottom of the first page of the job post form, under "Service provider requirements (optional)".

If you're having trouble posting a job, support staff can probably better help you via support request than in the forum.

Best regards,

Jared

Verenigd Koninkrijk
Zweeds naar Engels
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Finally Jul 1, 2010

Thanks Jared, I know exactly where the selection of options is located. I ticked the option I wanted a number of times, but it constantly reverted to the default 12 hours alternative.

However, finally I've managed to post the job I intended.

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Frans naar Engels
FWIW Jul 1, 2010

It used to be the case, certainly, that the system would automatically restrict jobs to members only if a large number met the other criteria. It happened to me when I posted a Fr-Eng job a couple of years ago.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Difficulty setting criteria for job posting

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »