KudoZ answer form changes lettercase of question
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Endre Both
Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Duitsland
Local time: 22:43
Engels naar Duits
Sep 30, 2005

The KudoZ answer submit form uses code changing the lettercase of the source term. I assume this is to avoid questions submitted in all capitals ("shouting").

Unfortunately this code frequently makes unwelcome changes too. One example where uppercase characters within a function name are converted to lower case:
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1149535

I have also seen correct G
... See more
The KudoZ answer submit form uses code changing the lettercase of the source term. I assume this is to avoid questions submitted in all capitals ("shouting").

Unfortunately this code frequently makes unwelcome changes too. One example where uppercase characters within a function name are converted to lower case:
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1149535

I have also seen correct German capitalisation converted to incorrect lower case.

So the issue is more complex than its representation in the code, and I believe the disadvantages of the current code outweigh its advantages. I would prefer deactivating it until these problems are sorted out.

Thanks a lot
Endre
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ answer form changes lettercase of question

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »