In Memsource Web Editor, how do I download the bilingual files for reference?
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hongkong
Local time: 18:55
Lid 2009
Engels naar Zweeds
+ ...
Jan 6, 2018

I am working on a big project on almost half a million words, and deliver this in five batches where each batch concists of around 15 files. I am about to deliver the first batch now, but after I have changed status to Completed by linguist I will not be able to open these files in Memsource Web Editor again for reference.

So I wonder how I can download these files in bilingual format (Excel for example)? So I can view them offline at any time.

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Duitsland
Local time: 18:55
Engels naar Duits
In memoriam
Bilingual export Jan 6, 2018

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I am working on a big project on almost half a million words, and deliver this in five batches where each batch concists of around 15 files. I am about to deliver the first batch now, but after I have changed status to Completed by linguist I will not be able to open these files in Memsource Web Editor again for reference.

So I wonder how I can download these files in bilingual format (Excel for example)? So I can view them offline at any time.

In the editor area, in the menu you can use "Document" - "Export to bilingual Docx". This gives you a word document with a table of source text, target text, and comments. It should be easy to transfer this into Excel if you prefer that. The scope of the document is what you opened in the editor, so if you opened merged files there the bilingual document also contains all segments of all files.

I often use this export as a separate QA step since you can use Word's spell and grammar checker this way.

We hebben geen speciale moderator aangesteld voor dit forum.
Wanneer u overtredingen van de sitevoorschriften wilt melden of hulp wilt hebben, neem dan contact op met ProZ.com-medewerkers »

In Memsource Web Editor, how do I download the bilingual files for reference?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »