MemoQ4free won't let me translate without translation memory
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Trillian1980
Trillian1980
Trillian1980
Local time: 04:45
Nederlands naar Engels
+ ...
Oct 7, 2014

I had the 45 day trial which has no run out, and am collecting funds to pay for a full version. In the meantime, I am trying to work with the 4free version, but it won't let me. In the new project wizard, the program won't let me select my primary translation memory from the three I have there from when it was a trial version; it says "you are currently using MemoQ in the 4free mode, MemoQ can only open projects with exactly one document and the corresponding translation memory". That's fine, I ... See more
I had the 45 day trial which has no run out, and am collecting funds to pay for a full version. In the meantime, I am trying to work with the 4free version, but it won't let me. In the new project wizard, the program won't let me select my primary translation memory from the three I have there from when it was a trial version; it says "you are currently using MemoQ in the 4free mode, MemoQ can only open projects with exactly one document and the corresponding translation memory". That's fine, I only need one document and an empty translation memory is fine, but I can't tell the program that.

I can then start translating, but I can't confirm any of my lines because I get a warning message saying "there's no working (primary) translation memory attached to the project"

Help!
Collapse

Nilton Junior
Nilton Junior  Identity Verified
Brazilië
Local time: 03:45
Lid 2009
Engels naar Portugees
+ ...
Dear Trillian1980 Oct 7, 2014

Have you tried creating a new TM? I believe you cannot use TMs from other projects with memoQ 4 free, but please wait for another colleague to confirm this information to you.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:45
Lid 2006
Engels naar Russisch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Yes Oct 8, 2014

Nilton Junior wrote:

you cannot use TMs from other projects with memoQ 4 free

It's clearly stated on the official site that a fresh new TM must be created for each new project in MemoQFree.

Trillian1980
Trillian1980
Nederlands naar Engels
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Problem solved :-) Oct 8, 2014

OK, great, I hadn't spotted the option to create a new TM (I'm new at MemoQ, obviously

Problem solved, thanks!

Kirsten Bodart
Kirsten Bodart  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Nederlands naar Engels
+ ...
Working without a TM is also possible Oct 8, 2014

Although you won't get any matches other than repeats within the document.

Working without a TM attached to the project, you have to use the 'confirm without adding to TM' option (or something along those lines) with keyboard shortcut Shift-Control-Enter instead of Control-Enter (for adding to TM).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ4free won't let me translate without translation memory

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »