NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 20:36
Lid 2002
Frans naar Engels
+ ...

Moderator van dit forum
assaulted nuts and frayed knots Jan 27, 2008

The pun on the salted nut reminded me of another involving a string who changes his identity to get served in a bar, so I googled it and found this: http://punmyword.blogspot.com/2008/01/knot-string.html

Thanks Parrot for starting this thread (no pun intended! )

Keep 'em comin', folkZ! (The pu
... See more
The pun on the salted nut reminded me of another involving a string who changes his identity to get served in a bar, so I googled it and found this: http://punmyword.blogspot.com/2008/01/knot-string.html

Thanks Parrot for starting this thread (no pun intended! )

Keep 'em comin', folkZ! (The puns, that is - please.)

Nancy
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spanje
Local time: 02:36
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
My choice Jan 28, 2008

Jack Doughty wrote:

A good pun is its own reword

• the wrath of grapes.

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spanje
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
And I loved this (Thanks, NancyLynn) Jan 28, 2008

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a work station……

Melzie
Melzie
Frans naar Engels
+ ...
smile Jan 28, 2008

thank you for this thread parrot

my fave bad joke / pun

what did the grape say when the elephant trod on it?

nothing, it just gave a little whine

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Duitsland
Duits naar Engels
+ ...
Cooperisms Jan 28, 2008

a few more...

You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'. So that was nice.

Two fat blokes in a pub, one says to the other "Your round." The other one says "So are you, you fat bastard!"

A woman told her doctor, 'I've got a bad back. 'The doctor said, 'It's old age. 'The woman said, 'I want a second opinion. 'The doctor says, 'OK. you're ugly as well. '

A ma
... See more
a few more...

You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'. So that was nice.

Two fat blokes in a pub, one says to the other "Your round." The other one says "So are you, you fat bastard!"

A woman told her doctor, 'I've got a bad back. 'The doctor said, 'It's old age. 'The woman said, 'I want a second opinion. 'The doctor says, 'OK. you're ugly as well. '

A man walked into the doctor's, he said 'I've hurt my arm in several places'
The doctor said 'well don't go there any more'

Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin.
Or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu. But I think it's Colin.

For even more, just google for "cooperisms" (named after comedian Tommy Cooper)
Collapse

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italië
Italiaans naar Engels
In memoriam
Thanks Cilian Jan 28, 2008

Tommy Cooper is one of the funniest men ever to have walked a stage and brilliantly ruined a perfectly good joke.

Anyone that has not yet encountered his idiosyncratic comic genius could start with the hats routine.

Cheers,

Giles
PS
"Hats" has nothing to do with puns: it's just marvellous slapstick.

patyjs
patyjs  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:36
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
Cooper rules! Jan 28, 2008

At least he did... and perhaps still does. He really did have a style all his own.

I remember:

A man goes to the doctor. He says, "Doctor, when I do this, it hurts." The doctor says, "Well don't do it."

Hats off to Tommy Cooper.

Pagina's in het onderwerp:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Puns: The lighter side of language

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »