Greek letter soup?
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Nederland
Local time: 08:35
Dec 20, 2015

Our kids are asking: does Greek letter soup / Greek letter vermicelli exist?

Had a Google, cannot find it ...

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Griekenland
Local time: 09:35
Engels naar Grieks
+ ...
Hello from Athens Dec 20, 2015

Your question made me wonder as I don't remember ever seeing any. Of course I don't have children, but I do go to the supermarket.

So, I googled it just like you but in Greek and, lo and behold, there is a Greek company that does produce them, see here http://www.alithino.gr/productDetails.php?productid=135.

Of course, it's all in Greek, but they are a bi
... See more
Your question made me wonder as I don't remember ever seeing any. Of course I don't have children, but I do go to the supermarket.

So, I googled it just like you but in Greek and, lo and behold, there is a Greek company that does produce them, see here http://www.alithino.gr/productDetails.php?productid=135.

Of course, it's all in Greek, but they are a biological product with spinach and tomatoes. It tried to find the page in English, but was unsuccessful. However, their contact details in English are here http://alithino.eu/articles.php?artid=90&refid=4 and you could contact them for further information.

Have a Wonderful Xmas and a very Happy New Year!
Collapse

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Nederland
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Thank you very much! Dec 21, 2015

Hello Nadia-Anastasia,

Thank you so much for your kind reply!

I'll try to get a package of these letters to surprise the kids .

Very nice holidays for you and your family!

Hans

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Griekenland
Local time: 09:35
Engels naar Grieks
+ ...
Dear Hans, Dec 21, 2015

Thank you for your reply and kind wishes.

Seems like a very nice idea, however, how did this question crop up from your kids? Any relation to Greece (just curious ).

Take care and enjoy a wonder Holiday Season!

Best,
Nadia

Magda P.
Magda P.  Identity Verified
Italië
Italiaans naar Grieks
+ ...
Thank you both Dec 21, 2015

Hi,

I had no idea such pasta existed so I really need to thank both of you. I might buy them for my kid too. As a Greek living abroad, this would definitely be a great and fun idea to learn the Greek alphabet.

Happy holidays!

Καλές γιορτές, Νάντια.

Magda

We hebben geen speciale moderator aangesteld voor dit forum.
Wanneer u overtredingen van de sitevoorschriften wilt melden of hulp wilt hebben, neem dan contact op met ProZ.com-medewerkers »

Greek letter soup?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »