Translating a resume into Spanish
Thread poster: ericvazquez
ericvazquez
ericvazquez
United States
Sep 18, 2017

Hi all,

Recently, I've noticed that I need to update my resume and translate it into Spanish, and was wondering if, aside from terminology, there was any other marked difference between a resume for an American context vs Latin America. Do Latin American agencies/employers favor one aspect over another (professional formation more than academic background, for instance?).

Would appreciate any advice!

Eric

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:58
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Agencies/employers Sep 18, 2017

I can't help at all regarding your actual question, but I'm wondering if you're thinking of using the same CV for agencies and employers. That really doesn't work well, so if you don't yet whether you want to be a freelancer offering B2B services to agencies and/or direct clients or a salaried employee - or you want to do both - you'll need two CVs. There's a Wiki article on this site that will hopefully help with your freelancer's CV.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating a resume into Spanish

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »