Helle Gylling
Helle Gylling  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:44
English to Danish
+ ...
Dec 8, 2020

Hi

I have Trados Studio 2019 and this morning, my computer suffered a fatal crash out of nowhere, so I am not able to deactivate the old Studio on that computer, and I am trying to "Reset" my license, but I get an error massage each time I try - it just says "An error occurred".

I watched the official SDL video on how to do it - but I cannot get it to work. It just keep giving me that error message.

I am supposed to receive a large job tomorrow!

... See more
Hi

I have Trados Studio 2019 and this morning, my computer suffered a fatal crash out of nowhere, so I am not able to deactivate the old Studio on that computer, and I am trying to "Reset" my license, but I get an error massage each time I try - it just says "An error occurred".

I watched the official SDL video on how to do it - but I cannot get it to work. It just keep giving me that error message.

I am supposed to receive a large job tomorrow!

What do I do?

Helle
Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 15:44
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
From what I can remember... Dec 8, 2020

In such a scenario, the best thing to do would be to contact SDL support. I know they don’t answer quickly but still I advise you to do it, or maybe phone them to assist you.

Do you have a type of license you can use on two different machines?
Your process should involve the “return” license button first, and only after that the reinstall/reset, if I remember correctly. Can you follow on that from your SDL account?

[Edited at 2020-12-08 16:08 GMT]

Helle Gylling
Helle Gylling  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:44
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL helped Dec 8, 2020

Actually SDL just reset it for me so I should be all set now. Just need to download Trados to another computer : )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"An error occurred" when I tried to "Reset my license"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »