Mark Harris
France
Local time: 21:47
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Way ahead of you Mar 18, 2021

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Definitely: inform ProZ.com staff by copying everything to them. It's well against the rules and staff will most definitely follow up on it. Your client might actually have done you a favour, if they value the ability to post jobs on the site.

That's exactly what I just did. I'm pretty confident it's against the rules to attempt to blackmail someone into removing a negative review by withholding payment, and also threatening to leave an unjustified negative review in return, just to top it off. Pretty shocking to be honest.

Christel Zipfel
Peter Shortall
Angie Garbarino
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Suggestion Mar 19, 2021

Mark Harris wrote:

Ok so, as suggested, I left a negative review on the Blue Board and raised a non-payment report as I hoped this would prompt them to pay me without the need to take legal action. Their response is to effectively blackmail me, demanding that I remove the review or they won't pay me at all, and they're also threatening to leave a negative review for me as well (I have no idea what justification they plan on inventing).

Any suggestions as to what I should do next?

Open a support ticket, anyway if you filled correctly the non payment report, you will be contacted by staff, who, before allowing a bad review to you will want to clarify.

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:47
Japanese to English
+ ...
Non-payment Mar 20, 2021

If you give in to them and remove the negative post:
(1) of course they will not pay you.
(2) you are prevented from posting another negative post according to Proz.com rules.

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 20:47
Japanese to English
Oh really? Mar 21, 2021

Michael Newton wrote:
(2) you are prevented from posting another negative post according to Proz.com rules.

I did not know this...

Mark Harris
Mark Harris
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I didn't know that either actually Mar 23, 2021

Michael Newton wrote:

If you give in to them and remove the negative post:
(1) of course they will not pay you.

Oh that's interesting, although I had no intention of doing so anyway. They've already responded to the non-payment report by telling staff that our payment terms were actually 60 days, not 30, a lie that was easily refuted considering I had an email where they confirmed in writing that the agreed terms were 30 days. Laughable really.

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Angie Garbarino

Mark Harris
Mark Harris
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Which court in France Mar 31, 2021

Just a quick question for anyone living in France. I'm in the process of filling in the form for the EU small claims process but I'm finding it challenging to figure out which court to send it to in France/Paris. Does anyone know? Would it be the Tribunal de commerce?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Appropriate action to take in response to non-payment of invoice

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »