Off topic: Who offers the best free hosting (with photos and storage capacity)?
Thread poster: linadia
linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 4, 2005

Hello,

I'd like to set up a free website (not related to translation) and I found many such services, e.g. Geocities (Yahoo), Tripod (Lycos).

Do you know of any reliable service with good options, such as photos and storage capacity?

Thank you
Nadia

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-10-04 06:40]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:47
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
No free host is that good Oct 4, 2005

linadia wrote:
I'd like to set up a free website (not related to translation) and I found many such services, e.g. Geocities (Yahoo), Tripod (Lycos). Do you know of any reliable service with good options, such as photos and storage capacity?

The most reliable one I've found is Geocities, but all such free hosts have bandwidth restrictions that will kill you.

Why not pay money for hosting? My one host, YRHost, charges USD 20.00 per year for their starter pack, which includes 100 MB space and 2 GB transfer per month. I wouldn't be surprised if Geocities limits you to 100 MB transfer per month (and they limit you to 15 MB space).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who offers the best free hosting (with photos and storage capacity)?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »