Roy Chaudhuri  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:19
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Dec 28, 2007

Yesterday I had a query from a brother translator regarding the software and fonts that I use. I had sent him the information which I am enlisting below. I request my brother translators to augment this info and add details of the softwares they use for mutual benefits.

The softwares which are being used by me include

1. Unicode - IndicIME from Bhashaindia
2. Bijoy - For Sutonny and Rinkyi & other MJ fonts - bought from Kolkata dealer of Ananda Computers, Dhaka.<
... See more
Yesterday I had a query from a brother translator regarding the software and fonts that I use. I had sent him the information which I am enlisting below. I request my brother translators to augment this info and add details of the softwares they use for mutual benefits.

The softwares which are being used by me include

1. Unicode - IndicIME from Bhashaindia
2. Bijoy - For Sutonny and Rinkyi & other MJ fonts - bought from Kolkata dealer of Ananda Computers, Dhaka.
3. Ileap from CDAC software Pune India for Non-Unicode BN-TT Durga and Bidisha font. Now they have a unicode version of Bidisha font as well as a new software which I do not have
4. Banglaword - For Amar Bangla Normal - downloaded free from Net. (www.banglasoftware.com) . But I believe it is no longer downloading.
5. I used to use Alpona Software for Boishakhi font but the software is corrupted now and the company which used to supply has closed down in Dhaka. So I am unable to use it now.
Collapse

Lubain Masum
Lubain Masum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:49
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
আমি বিজয় একুশে ব্যবহার করি Dec 28, 2007

সব্যসাচী ভাই,

আমি বিজয় একুশে ব্যবহার করি। এটি দিয়ে ইউনিকোড ও নন-ইউনিকোড দুই প্রকারেই লেথা যায়। এটি ব্যবহার করতে আমার কোনো অসুবিধা হয় না। আমি ‘অভ্র’ও ডাউনলোড করেছিলাম, কিন্তু সেটা খুব একটা ব্যবহার করতে হয় না।

Amar Bangla Normal ফন্টের জন্য আমি বাংলাওয়ার্ড থেকে ডাউনলোড করার চেষ্টা করে ব্যর্থ হয়েছি। আমি তাদেরকে ই-মেইল করেছি। দেখি কি জবাব দেয়।

সব্যসাচী ভাইকে ধন্যবাদ সফটওয়্যার বিষয়ে আমাদের সাথে তথ্য ভাগাভাগি করার জন্য।

বিনীত

লুবাইন

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Software that I use

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »